Language for Thinking training provides participants with a greater theoretical understanding of the approach, as well as learning to set and run effective language interventions. Participants will be provided with a training package that can then be delivered to colleagues in their own schools/departments.
This course is suitable for Speech and Language Therapists, Class Teachers, specialist teachers, Teaching Assistants and Learning Support Assistants, SENCOs and Educational Psychologists. No prior knowledge of ‘Language for Thinking’ is required.
The aims of this course are:
- To be familiar with the ‘Language for Thinking’ (LFT) resource
- To understand the theory behind LFT.
- To understand how to use LFT in groups and within the differentiated classroom.
- To know which facilitation techniques to use and how to teach these to others.
- To have experience of scoring assessments and interpreting profiles
- To be able to deliver a brief ‘Language for Thinking’ training
Training can also be commissioned by schools or departments. The cost for a whole day’s training is currently £1100 plus expenses. Handouts and PowerPoint are emailed for hosts to print. Participants will also need copies of the book on and after the course.